Civida is home for over 15,000 people in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
As the largest provider of community and near market homes in Northern Alberta, Civida manages over 4,300 community housing homes, and more than 900 near market and market homes. We work with organizations and government agencies to develop, support and improve our communities and the lives of families and individuals. Select an area of the map to see Civida’s housing rental units in that region.
Our housing programs
Near Market Housing Rentals
Subsidized housing for people with moderate income.
- Pay 10-20 per cent below current market rental rates
- Housing placement is first come, first served
- Higher income limits; no asset limits or citizenship requirements
- Immediate availability
Community Housing Rentals
Subsidized housing for people with low income.
- Pay rent based on a percentage of your income
- Housing placement is based on priority list
- Strict income limits, asset limits and citizenship requirements
- High demand for this program
Monthly subsidies that help people living on the private market afford their rent.
- Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit (TRAB) – A temporary benefit for working Albertans and those between jobs.
- Rent Assistance Benefit (RAB) – A long-term benefit for those most in need.
Easily apply online for rent assistance or our housing programs using Applicant Portal. After you’ve created an account, log in at any time to check the status of your application or to update your information.
We are very optimistic about the future!
A safe, affordable home plays a critical role in all aspects of life. Everyone deserves a home they can afford.
Listen to Mo & Jalila, who have lived with Civida for seven years, tell their story.
News and Publications
Civida to receive $4M of the Government of Alberta’s $16M Capital Maintenance and Renewal Funding
We are very grateful for the Government of Alberta’s investment of $16 million in capital maintenance and renewal affordable homes across the province. With Civida’s portion of this funding, we will be able to continue to maintain and update hundreds of the close to 3,500 community housing properties Civida manages on behalf of the Government of Alberta.
The Capital Region Housing Foundation Renamed the Civida Housing Foundation
- Established in 2000, the Civida Housing Foundation is the charitable arm of Civida.
- To align with the greater Civida brand, the Civida Housing Foundation will be the new name for the former Capital Region Housing Foundation.
- As a charitable foundation, the Civida Housing Foundation is uniquely poised to be creative, agile, and responsive in supporting Civida’s essential work.
- The Foundation engages in a number of initiatives to support Civida and tenant wellbeing, including the Stars Awards, tenant welcome baskets and the Hackers Fore Housing Golf Tournament.
Strategic Plan 2023-2028
We are pleased to share Civida’s 2023 – 2028 Strategic Plan.
Civida’s 2023 – 28 Strategic Plan builds on the progress and momentum of our 2022-2027 Plan, which has directed us in implementing a new service delivery model, transforming our services, and amplifying our impact.
Free Translation on our Website
Civida is thrilled to share that our website is now more inclusive, providing accessibility and language support.
Click on the floating button on the right side of any page to launch the Recite Me toolbar, which includes translation into over 100 languages, text-to-speech functionality, reading aids, styling options, and more customizations.
Reporting a Serious Incident
At Civida, we are constantly striving to enhance safety within our communities and properties. As part of this commitment, we will be implementing an improved incident reporting process. Please report an incident that could, or does result in damage or harm at any Civida property. This includes Civida’s apartment buildings, townhomes, district offices, and our main office in downtown Edmonton.