Help us create better homes for our customers.
Civida purchases goods and services to support achievement of our mission – to provide safe and affordable housing. As a publicly funded, non-profit organization, we rely on high quality work and competitive pricing to deliver the best housing solutions for our customers.
Work with us
We are the largest provider of community and near-market housing in the Edmonton region. We manage over 4,300 community housing units, and own and manage over 900 near market and market units. This means we have a diverse range of work opportunities to build and maintain our homes for the families and individuals who need them.
Contracts are large and small, short-term and long-term, and require us to work with a variety of trades and industries, including but not limited to engineering, architecture, construction, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, windows, roofing, painting, cabinetry and flooring.
- Our current business opportunities are posted on Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC). Register with APC and follow Civida to receive notifications when we post new opportunities.
- Construction-related opportunities are also posted on BuildWorks.
Civida Design Guideline Specifications
The division and section arrangement of Civida’s Specifications is generally based on MasterFormat™, published jointly by Construction Specifications Canada and the Construction Specifications Institute. Our contractors are advised to review the Table of Contents and the Specifications in their entirety.
Learn more about the zones and communities of the properties we own or manage.
Transforming the Way We Work
We are changing the way we engage contractors for small interior and exterior projects.
Civida is implementing a new contractor-procurement process for small interior and exterior projects. This includes services such as General Contracting, Flooring, Millwork, Tub Refinishing, Siding/Stucco, Eaves and Soffits, Asphalt, and Concrete work.
Civida will source and maintain a listing of pre-qualified general contractors and specialists that can be engaged for various projects across the city.
By implementing this new process for small projects, Civida anticipates greater flexibility and efficiencies for both contractors and Civida.
Contact us with questions on the new process at [email protected]
Small Projects FAQs
Discover how the changes to our Small Projects procurement process brings cost-effectiveness, quality, and flexibility to the forefront of our services.
- My company currently holds a contract with Civida. What will happen with our contract?
Contractors, there’s still a seat at our table. Contact [email protected] to learn more about how these changes will impact your future contract.
- How can my company be added to the pre-qualified contractor list?
The small projects’ pre-qualification roster will be posted on Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC).
There will be opportunities for new contractors to be considered for inclusion for the pre-qualified roster. Please watch for updates on APC.
Invoicing us for work
As a contracted vendor, in order to make sure you get paid, we require the following information on an invoice from you:
- Vendor company name
- Vendor contact info, including address & phone number
- Invoice number
- Civida reference number (work order number, purchase order number or contract number)
- Date work completed (invoice date)
- Vendor’s GST/HST registration number
- Detailed description of work performed, including cost breakdown by applicable site(s).
- Payment terms (assumed to be net 30 if other terms not indicated)
Our accounts payable team can provide an updated invoice template upon request.
Please address all invoices to Civida.