Help us create better homes for our customers.
Civida purchases goods, services and construction to achieve our corporate commitment of providing our customers with safe and affordable housing. As a publicly funded non-profit organization, we rely on high quality work and competitive pricing to deliver the best housing solutions for our customers.
Work with us
We are the largest provider of social and near-market housing in the Edmonton region. We manage over 4,500 community housing units, and own and manage over 600 near market units and 130 mixed income units. This means we rely on many different types of contractors to maintain and care for these units for families and individuals who need them.
We have a diverse range of work opportunities for companies of all sizes. Our contracts are large and small, short-term and long-term, and require us to work with a variety of trades and industries, including but not limited to engineering, architecture, construction, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, windows, roofing, painting, cabinetry and flooring.
If you’re already working with us, and looking for zones and addresses of properties that we own or manage, follow the link below.
Mandatory Vaccination program
As of December 1, 2021, all Civida employees need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Effective January 1, 2022, Civida’s Mandatory Vaccination program will apply to suppliers, contractors, service providers and their representatives and subcontractors who are contracted to do work for Civida, or working on property owned or managed by Civida. This includes all existing and future contractors.
Providing a safe, healthy work environment is our priority. That’s why we’ve implemented Mandatory Vaccination programs for both our employees and contractors. These requirements align with current provincial public health guidelines and help minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Explore the tabs below for program details.
How to comply
An authorized representative from your company is responsible for verifying and providing signed documentation to Civida by January 1, 2022. This declares that your representatives and subcontractors doing work for Civida or working on property owned or managed by Civida are fully vaccinated as defined on the Alberta government’s website.
Is anyone exempt?
Visitors to our property who stay for less than 15 minutes, such as couriers or delivery workers, are not required to comply with our Mandatory Vaccination program.
Steps to comply
- Verify that each of your representatives and subcontractors are fully vaccinated.
- Download, open and complete our Supplier, Contractor and Service Provider Attestation and Undertaking Form in a PDF viewer (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader). See our tips for completing the form below.
- Submit your completed documentation to [email protected] by January 1, 2022.
- Maintain and update the form as necessary.
Tips for completing the form
- Avoid opening the form in your web browser, because the digital signature field won’t work.
- Open and fill out the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader or another PDF viewer.
- When you click to sign the form, you may be prompted to use or create a Digital ID.
- If all else fails, print the form, sign it, scan it and email it back to us.
How will the program be monitored/enforced?
Unvaccinated representatives are not permitted to deliver services related to any Civida contract.
Civida reserves the right to conduct random vaccination checks. You or any of your representatives may be asked to provide proof of compliance with our Mandatory Vaccination program while on a Civida-owned or -managed property, such as a paper or electronic government-issued vaccination record (for example, government QR code).
Other COVID-19 safety protocols at Civida
Safety at Civida is a shared responsibility. In addition to complying with our vaccination program, please ensure that your representatives and subcontractors continue to follow these public health guidelines:
- Wearing masks in all indoor public spaces
- Maintaining physical distancing of two metres
- Practicing good hygiene
- Staying home when sick
- Following Alberta Health Services’ guidelines for testing and reporting.
- Alberta government – COVID-19 resources for Albertans
- Alberta government – COVID-19 vaccines
- Alberta government – Defining fully immunized for COVID-19
- Civida – Supplier, Contractor and Service Provider Attestation and Undertaking Form
Have questions about the program?
Contact us at [email protected].
Invoicing us for work
As a contracted vendor, in order to make sure you get paid, our Accounts Payable team requires the following information on an invoice from you:
- Vendor company name
- Vendor contact info, including address & phone number
- Invoice number
- Civida reference number (work order number, purchase order number or contract number)
- Date work completed (invoice date)
- Vendor’s GST/HST registration number
- Detailed description of work performed, including cost breakdown by applicable site(s).
- Payment terms (assumed to be net 30 if other terms not indicated)
Please contact accounts payable team if you require an updated invoice template.