What living in near market housing means for you.
Near Market Housing provides subsidized housing to people with moderate incomes.
The rent in near market affordable homes is set at approximately 10-20 per cent below market rent for a similar sized unit in the area.
Located throughout Edmonton, near market homes are a mix of housing types, including townhouses and multi-unit apartments. Many of Civida’s near market homes are newer and often include appliances, underground parking and/or balconies, and are located near services and amenities, including parks, schools, public transit and shopping centres.
- You pay rent that is 10-20 per cent below current market rental rates.
- You live in a Civida home.
- There is no priority list or point scoring for Near Market Housing like there is for Community Housing.
- There are higher income limits, no asset limits, and no citizenship requirements for Near Market Housing.
- The size of unit you can apply for is not based on how many people are in your household. You can rent a larger unit based on availability.
- These suites can be a great option for post-secondary students. Learn more about student housing program.
Our Near Market Housing program is governed by the Residential Tenancies Act and its regulations and operating agreements between Civida and grant providers.
Browse near market, and market homes
Why choose us?
- Low income requirements
- Homes are located across the city
- Small pets are welcome, upon approval
- Reasonable security deposits
- Security deposit and first months’ rent is not required before your application is approved
- No credit check required
- Incentives available!
For rental inquiries and to schedule a viewing please call 780-702-4545 or email [email protected].