Rent assistance helps people live in their homes affordably.

The government of Alberta has redesigned and improved its Rent Supplement Program to meet the needs of Albertans in these difficult times. The program includes:

Civida is administering TRAB and RAB on behalf of the government of Alberta. In both cases, rent assistance is provided to recipients who have their own tenancy agreements outside of Civida-managed buildings, but cannot afford the total cost of rent. These programs are governed by the Rent Supplement Regulation and the Social Housing Accommodation Regulation.

Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit (TRAB)

The Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit provides a modest subsidy for working households with low income or those between jobs. Support is intended to help eligible tenants afford their rent while they stabilize or improve their situation.

Learn more about the Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit (TRAB)

Rent Assistance Benefit (RAB)

The Rent Assistance Benefit reopened on April 1, 2021. Formerly the Direct Rent Supplement, this long-term benefit will continue to subsidize Albertans with low income across the province.

Learn more about the Rent Assistance Benefit (RAB)


Upcoming Rent Assistance payment dates

Your rent assistance benefit will be deposited before the first of the month.