Rent Assistance Benefits are subsidies paid directly to subsidy recipients
RAB helps to make rent with a private landlord more affordable. Recipient households live in private rental homes and receive a monthly benefit amount to help make their rent more affordable. Civida is not the landlord in this program.
This program is administered within Edmonton and surrounding communities. The Rent Assistance Benefit (RAB) program is governed by the Rent Supplement Regulation and the Social Housing Accommodation Regulation. This means some of our rules are set by the Alberta government.
Civida provides Rent Assistance Benefit (RAB) in the following communities:
- Smoky Lake
- Residents living in surrounding area municipalities may be eligible for RAB through their local housing management body. Please contact them for further information.
- Meridian Housing Foundation is responsible for Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, and surrounding areas. Please call 780-963-2149 or email [email protected]
- Heartland Housing Foundation is responsible for Sherwood Park and Fort Saskatchewan. Please call 780-400-3511 or email [email protected]
Homeland Housing Foundation is responsible for St. Albert and surrounding areas. To contact Homeland Housing Foundation, please call 780-939-5116.
Additional forms and documents
- Information Sheet: Receiving a Rent Assistance Benefit (RAB) – find out more about receiving a Rent Assistance Benefit.
- Information Sheet: Continued Eligibility for RAB – if you receive a Rent Assistance Benefit, review your responsibilities and continued eligibility requirements.
- Rent Assistance Benefit Direct Deposit Form – if you are a new or existing Rent Assistance Benefit recipient, you can sign-up to receive your monthly subsidy by direct deposit. Please complete the form and provide your banking information as requested. If you already receive your subsidy by direct deposit and your banking information has changed, please fill out the same form.